A 3D Archery Shoot, sponsored by the Sweetwater Bow Hunter's Association, will be held on Friday, April 28 and Saturday, April 29, 2012 on the north side of Lake Trammell.
Sign-in will take place on the back side of the dam under the cotton wood tree or at the picnic tables. The event has a $10 shooting fee which covers both days.
Free shooters include military and youth; youth under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Also, volunteers who help set up targets on Friday afternoon will get to shoot free.
Thirty targets will be at the hunting range, plus one optional prize shot. No awards or classes will be given, as the shooting event is intended for fun and fellowship.
The rules of the 3D Archery Shoot are as follows:
1) One shot per person per target (if traffic is high).
2) Yield to faster groups.
3) Alcohol is not allowed during the shoot.
4) No vulgar language allowed please, no matter how bad the shot was.
5) No movement or relocation of targets/obstacles.
6) Shot distance is no concern as long as it is down marked path and safe (move closer down path if necessary).
7) Compounds and traditionals only (no crossbows).
8) No broadheads, field tips only.
If needed, some basic equipment will be provided for beginners and intermediates. Light snacks will be available at the sign-in, while juice and water will be placed around the course. A restroom will also be available at the event.
"Snake prevention would be comforting to all concerned," said event coordinators.
For more information about the 3D Archery Shoot sponsored by the Sweetwater Bow Hunter's Association, call Mike Hart at 325-235-2902 or Orlando Vargas at 325-829-7388.