Family loses home to fire

April 5, 2011

An early morning fire occured at 2109 Chester Street in Sweetwater on Tuesday, April 5, 2011.

A Sweetwater family lost their home and all of their belongings in an early morning fire on Tuesday, April 5, 2011. According to Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden, it is believed that the fire began near a furnace around 5:45 a.m. at 2109 Chester Street. There were no smoke detectors in the house. According to Madden, the mother of the home just happened to wake up and smell smoke. She immediately got one child out and ran through smoke to get her second child to safety. They all made it out okay, but they lost all of the belongings and their home. Madden stated that firefighters were forced out of the house by smoke and flames when entering the home, but eventually knocked it back and got the fire extinguished. The family is currently accepting donations. The boys wear sizes 3T and 5T and toddler shoes sizes of 8 and 9. Also being accepted are women's clothes sizes 3/4 in pants and medium shirts and 8 1/2 shoes and men's sizes 30/32, large shirts and 10 in shoes. Donations can be taken by First Financial motorbank or by calling 236-2861.

VIDEO: UT Coach Charlie Strong at Big 12 Media Day
Two ex-Highland High School athletes earned MVP recognition on Saturday at Six-Man Coaches Associa-...
A Mustang Football Camp will be held this Wednesday through Friday, July 23-25 at Mustang Bowl from...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes