Fire consumes four apartments

May 16, 2011

Fire at Jack Lambert apartment complex (Photo by Tatiana Rodriguez)

An early morning fire consumed four apartments at the Jack Lambert complex in Sweetwater on Sunday morning. Electrical problems in one of the center apartments was said to be the cause of the blaze, according to Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden. The fire began at about 3 a.m. on Sunday and Sweetwater firefighters continued to battle the fire until around noon. Four people were out of the apartments upon arrival of the Sweetwater Fire Department and firefighters made entrance and saved one dog. According to Madden, the roof completely burned off of one of the apartments and firefighters managed to save some contents that the water did not damage. "The building is a total loss," said Madden.

It’s been two decades since Sweetwater has met up with a Class 5A school on the football field. The...
Highland will be the first area football team to start play tonight. The Hornets will face Motley...
Sweetwater edged Breck-enridge in a five-game thril-ler to start its doubleheader here Tuesday,...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes