Fire consumes four apartments

May 16, 2011

Fire at Jack Lambert apartment complex (Photo by Tatiana Rodriguez)

An early morning fire consumed four apartments at the Jack Lambert complex in Sweetwater on Sunday morning. Electrical problems in one of the center apartments was said to be the cause of the blaze, according to Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden. The fire began at about 3 a.m. on Sunday and Sweetwater firefighters continued to battle the fire until around noon. Four people were out of the apartments upon arrival of the Sweetwater Fire Department and firefighters made entrance and saved one dog. According to Madden, the roof completely burned off of one of the apartments and firefighters managed to save some contents that the water did not damage. "The building is a total loss," said Madden.

THURSDAY, APRIL 17 Track Sweetwater qualifiers will compete at 3-3A/4-3A area meet in Pecos (top...
Nine Sweetwater track athletes will be the first from Nolan County to try for regional berths today...
A 15-1 win over Monahans Tuesday broke Sweetwater out of its recent tailspin and got the team back...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes