Fire consumes four apartments

May 16, 2011

Fire at Jack Lambert apartment complex (Photo by Tatiana Rodriguez)

An early morning fire consumed four apartments at the Jack Lambert complex in Sweetwater on Sunday morning. Electrical problems in one of the center apartments was said to be the cause of the blaze, according to Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden. The fire began at about 3 a.m. on Sunday and Sweetwater firefighters continued to battle the fire until around noon. Four people were out of the apartments upon arrival of the Sweetwater Fire Department and firefighters made entrance and saved one dog. According to Madden, the roof completely burned off of one of the apartments and firefighters managed to save some contents that the water did not damage. "The building is a total loss," said Madden.

Sweetwater has made a change to its best-of-3 bi-district baseball playoff series with Borger this...
Hannah Allen is going back to the state meet. The Highland junior will be going for the third year...
ABILENE — Sweetwater’s district co-champion baseball team prepared for this weekend’s Class 4A bi-...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes