Food vendors must have permits at Round-Up

February 17, 2011

Food vendors must be permitted at Round-Up

The Sweetwater Jaycees Rattlesnake Round-Up is approaching fast, and during this event there are many temporary food vendors. A temporary food vendor is a food establishment that operates for a period of no more than 14 consecutive days in conjunction with a single event or celebration. All temporary food vendors should have a copy of their last inspection form visible to customers. The public can help control unpermitted individuals and organizations from selling unsafe food by asking if they are permitted. "You take a risk of getting a food-borne illness when you eat from vendors that are not permitted," said Linda Kite, Public Health Promotions Coordinator for the Sweetwater-Nolan County Health Department.
Individuals and organizations cannot sell food to the public without a county health permit as required by State and County law. "If you plan to sell food, you must first contact the Sweetwater-Nolan County Health Department, located at 301 E. 12th to request an application," said Kite. "Following the application, the temporary food vendor's establishment must pass an inspection."
If you have any questions, contact Don Ware or Linda Kite at 235-5463 or come by the health department. Their website is, under the Environmental Health section.

TUESDAY, SEPT. 23 Cross Country Sweetwater varsity at Irion County meet held in Mertzon. Tennis...
Both Sweetwater Middle School eighth grade teams defeated Snyder in football action this past...
SWEETWATER HIGH SCHOOL AT MILES Varsity Boys: 3rd place — 65 points (3 miles) JV Girls: 1st place...


Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes