House fire caused by candle

December 19, 2013

The Sweetwater Fire Department responded to a fire on Silas Street this week. The fire was caused by a burning candle. Occupants of the home escaped without injury.

Firefighters responded to a house fire on Silas Street in Sweetwater around 11 p.m. Tuesday night. According to the Fire Chief Grant Madden, as well as the owner of the home, the cause of the fire was a candle that was left burning throughout the night.
According to Chief Madden, the owner of the home says that her power was turned off and that is the reason why she had candles burning. Before she went to sleep, she blew out the candles with the exception of one.
She and her grandchild were the only people in the home and they both escaped without injuries.
According to family members, the owner of the home is the sole caretaker and provider for her grandchild. The home was a total loss and there was no insurance on the home.

Here is a list of the 2015 summer sports camps for the Nolan County area that have been sent to the...
Roscoe Collegiate has an-nounced its plans to hold a girls and boys basketball Summer Shootout,...
These 13 graduating Sweetwater High School seniors have been selected to participate next month in...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes