ImmTrac is not just for children

August 30, 2011

Note: August is National Immunization Awareness Month, to observe this; we have run an article each week regarding immunizations. This is the fifth article in a series of five.

As these series of articles comes to an end, the Sweetwater-Nolan County Health Department (SNCHD) cannot emphasis again how important vaccines are to prevent diseases and the importance of keeping track of the vaccines a person has received.
In the last article, we discussed ImmTrac, the free Texas Immunization Registry; it is not just for children. We now can enter adults, too. This is a great tool. Adults and children can get a copy of their immunization record through any health care provider registered with ImmTrac or any health department in Texas. A person must sign ImmTrac consent before immunizations can be viewed in the system. A person can sign a consent form at any health department or a health care provider that is registered with ImmTrac or go to and download a consent form. Mail the consent form to Texas Department of State Health Services, Immunization Branch-Immtrac Group, MC1946, P.O. Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347. A person may withdraw consent anytime.
The SNCHD strongly encourages First Responders and their family members to register. The Texas Health and Safety code defines A “First responder” as: any federal, state, local, or private personnel who may respond to a disaster, including: public health and public safety personnel; commissioned law enforcement personnel; fire protection personnel, including volunteer firefighters; emergency medical services personnel, including hospital emergency facility staff; a member of the National Guard; a member of the Texas State Guard; or any other worker who responds to a disaster in the worker's scope of employment; or any related personnel that provide support services during the prevention, response, and recovery phases of a disaster.
The Texas Administrative code defines the “Immediate family member” as: The First Responder family member is the parent, spouse, child, or sibling of a person who resides in the same household.
If you have any questions regarding immunizations or Immtrac, call the Sweetwater-Nolan County Health Department at 235-5463.

MONDAY, JAN. 26 Sweetwater 7th and 8th grade ‘A’ and ‘B’ girls will host Lamesa, 5 and 6:15 p.m....
BIG SPRING — The Sweetwater girls basketball team managed to stay close in the first half against...
BIG SPRING — A one-point lead at halftime disappeared for Sweetwater when it played at Big Spring...


Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes