- Special Sections
- TV Listings
Big Country Biggest Loser Winner is coming to the Big Country for those who want to boost their New Year's Resolutions and are getting ready for summer and swimsuit season locally, as well as compete for a cash prize.
The contest, sponsored by the Big Country Medical Reserve Corps, The Sweetwater-Nolan County Health Department, Rolling Plains Memorial Hospital, Rolling Plains Rural Health Clinic, Texas State Technical College and the Sweetwater Reporter will be from March 19 to May 14 with registration dates from March 5-15.
Teams can be comprised of four or more participants and those who do not have a team will be put on a team. Cost to enter the contest is $5 per person. Cash prizes will be given to first, second and third place teams losing the most percentage of weight and prize amounts will depend on how many enter the contest. Each team will have a leader that will be responsible for entering the teams weights at each weigh-in. Weigh-ins locations will be at the TSTC Fitness Center, RPMH, SNCHD and each school.
The purpose of Big Country Biggest Loser Winner is to promote healthy activities, good nutrition and relationships. The mission is to promote a healthy lifestyle in the community in order to reap the benefits of improved health and fitness.
A kick-off event will take place on Monday, March 19, 2012, at the Sweetwater High School Track. Several door prizes will be awarded including 18 free eight-week memberships to local fitness centers. All entry forms must be turned in to the Sweetwater-Nolan County Health Department, located at 301 E. 12th Street.
1. Suggested team consists of four or more participants.
2. Elect a team leader.
3. Name your team.
4. Complete a registration form for each member.
5. Complete the team registration form.
6. The Team captain will deliver individual and team registration forms to the SNCHD no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2012.
7. The team captain will report weekly progress to the SNCHD by 3 p.m. each Wednesday. Weekly contest updates will be announced in the Sweetwater Reporter and on KXOX Radio.
8. The teams that post the biggest average percentage improvement wins.
9. The honor system prevails.
Registration forms can be found at sponsor locations.