The following recipe will be given to the Texas State Technical College Board of Regents at their dinner on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012.
TSTC Holiday Nut Mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Â· 1 pound mixed nuts
Â· Salt & pepper to taste (omit salt if using salted nuts)
Â· 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Â· 1-2 teaspoons chili powder (adjust amount for heat & intensity; can substitute curry if desired)
Â· 2 tablespoons melted butter
Â· 3 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
Â· 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Â· 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1. Toss all ingredients together to coat nuts.
2. Place nuts in one layer on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non - stick spray.
3. Bake about 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Once out of the oven, stir the nuts around until they begin to dry and are not sticking together.
5. Let cool completely before serving.