The Southern Rolling Plains Range Workshop on livestock and pasture health will take place in Sweetwater this week. The event will take place on Thursday at the Nolan County Coliseum Annex. Registration will be from 8-9 a.m.
The following is a schedule for the event:
• How Grass Really Grows (Range Management Considerations) — Dr. Ron Sosebee;
• Rainfall Recharge — Dr. Alyson McDonald, AgriLife Extension Service;
• Brush Control Update – Dr. Charlie Hart, Dow;
• Re-stocking your Operation — Dr. Bruce Carpenter, AgriLife Extension Service;
• The Value of Forage — Kent Mills, Hi-Pro Range Nutritionist;
• Weed Control on Rangeland — Gerald Hobson, DuPont;
• On-site field visit;
• Chemical Treatment — Ralph Porter and Joe Franklin, Dow and NRCS;
• MAT 28 treated fence-line-Dr. Allen McGinty, Dow;
• Mechanical Brush Management — Paul Dent, Rancher/Contractor.
Pre-registration is $10 or $15 on the day of the event. CEUs and lunch will be provided. RSVP to Nolan County SWCD, 103 W. Florida, Sweetwater, TX by calling 325-235-4485 ext. 3 or email email@example.com .