Is there any better way to follow Spring Break than with musical artists and concerts from all over Texas? Yes! With musical artists and concerts from all over Texas that come to Sweetwater. The Sweetwater Music Festival will be Tuesday, March 22, through Saturday, March 26, throughout the city of Sweetwater.
The 2ndAnnual Sweetwater Music Festival will celebrate the talents of Sweetwater and the surrounding area that are reaching across the state. Burgundy Road, a Christian rock band from the Austin area with Sweetwater native and lead singer Phillip Cole, will headline Wednesday Night’s Christian Night, called “Rock the Texas: iWorship.”
The Municipal Band will play Thursday night at the WASP Museum. Revolution Strings from Abilene, TX will play at the Municipal Auditorium and a street dance on the North side of the Courthouse will be led Friday night by the Dusty Creek Band out of Roscoe, TX.
Saturday night will conclude the festival as local youth will sing and Static Pulse, a Sweetwater band will lead a street dance at Nolan County Plaza. Throughout the week, there will be other venues hosting music for all generations.
A look at the schedule for the week includes:
• Tuesday – 6-9 p.m. Singer/Songwriters on The Patio, 117 E. 3rd Street.
• Wednesday — “Rock the Texas: iWorship” – 6-9 p.m.
• Texas Theatre: John Alden Band, Emmanuel Fellowship Praise Team, Burgundy Road, First Baptist Church Sanctuary: KidX Choir, Greater Zion Choir, FBC Men’s Quartet, South Steps of the Courthouse: Cole Rhoades, Trinity Baptist, “Consumed”.
• Thursday – 6 p.m. Laney Wallace and the Municipal Band; 6-9 p.m. Singer/Songwriters on The Patio.
• Friday – 7:30 p.m. Revolution Strings at the Municipal Auditorium; 8-11p.m. Swing the Square with Dusty Creek at the Courthouse.
• Saturday – 7:30 p.m. Sweetwater Showcase of Star Search winners at Municipal Auditorium; 8-11p.m. Rock the Plaza with Static Pulse at the Nolan County Plaza.