Texas AgriLife Extension Service’s annual Silver Clover Recognition Banquet celebrated its 44th year on Aug. 11 at the Zentners Daughter Steak House in San Angelo.
This year’s event recognized 28 individuals who are instrumental to the success of AgriLife Extension’s West Central District 4-H youth program, said Kathy Aycock, AgriLife Extension agent in Tom Green County and the banquet’s coordinator.
“Top volunteers are the backbone of all successful 4-H programs,” said Aycock. “They put in countless hours of work helping 4-H members become successful.
“The 4-H youth program offers a variety of projects, activities and events tailored specifically to support and enhance volunteer participation and involvement in kids' lives,” she said. “This is our time as AgriLife Extension agents to show them the appreciation they deserve.”
Aycock said each county selects nominees who are then chosen by a committee comprised of area electric cooperative personnel and AgriLife Extension officials.
The banquet is sponsored by the rural electric cooperatives serving the 23 counties in AgriLife Extension’s District 7 in West Central Texas.
Sponsors are Central Texas Electric Cooperative, Coleman County Electric Cooperative, Concho Valley Electric Cooperative, Hamilton County Electric Cooperative, Big Country Electric Cooperative, Pedernales Electric Cooperative, Southwest Texas Electric Cooperative and Taylor Electric Cooperative.
• Brown County - Rachel Hall, Ginger Anderson.
• Coke County - Douglas Roberts.
• Coleman County - Lorri Smith.
• Concho County - Angela Lange.
• Irion County - Linda Billington.
• Jones County - Jayne Sandbothe, Michelle Stevens.
• Lampasas County - Robin Allen.
• Llano County - Tommy Perkins.
• McCulloch County - Randy Ross, Teri Trull.
• Menard County - David and Felicia Laxson, David Hand.
• Mills County - Kathy Gist.
• Nolan County - Aida Pantoja.
• Runnels County - Martha Lange, Gayle Kalina.
• San Saba County - Doris Cates, Ricky Maddox.
• Schleicher County - Rico Forlano.
• Shackelford County - Alan Heirman.
• Sterling County - Ronda Stewart.
• Taylor County - Jo Shipman, Miles Willis.
• Tom Green County - Mary Lee Hoelscher, Connie Neff.