Trinity Baptist Church, located at 1506 Santa Fe in Sweetwater, will host a special DivorceCare class called "Surviving the Holidays." Classes will be held Tuesday, Dec. 6 and Tuesday., Dec. 13, both from 6-7:30 p.m. The class is free to anyone wishing to attend. For more information, call the church office at 325-235-2991.
DivorceCare groups meet weekly to help people face challenges of separation and divorce and move toward rebuilding their lives. Each DivorceCare session has two distinct elements:
• A seminar with experts: During the first 30–40 minutes of the meeting, each DivorceCare group watches a video seminar featuring top experts on divorce and recovery subjects. These videos are produced in an interesting-to-watch television magazine format featuring expert interviews, real-life case studies and on-location video.
• A support group with focus: After viewing the video, DivorceCare group participants spend time as a support group, discussing what was presented in that week’s video seminar and what is going on in the lives of group members.
The special session of DivorceCare is an uplifting outreach tool that thoroughly equips churches to:
• Present a single, two-hour seminar (just like a typical DivorceCare session) that gives practical advice on dealing with divorce and separation during the holidays.
• Comfort people in the community who are hurting during the holidays.
• Clearly present the gospel to the separated and divorced in the community.
• Grow the current DivorceCare ministry.