AARP and IRS will sponsor as a public service free income tax return preparation, including e-file at four locations this year.
• Fisher County Courthouse in Roby on March 1 and April 5 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• County-City Library Community Room in Sweetwater, located at 206 Elm Street on Feb. 13, March 12 and April 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• SNAP in Sweetwater is having some repairs done so location will be changed.
• Senior Citizen Center on Avenue M in Snyder on March 7 and April 11 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Mitchell County Library, 340 Oak Street in Colorado City on March 5 and April 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In order to prepare a tax return, two forms of Identification are needed. One must be a photo I.D. such as a driver’s license. The second must be the original Social Security Card or ITIN Card. Please bring last year’s tax return, dependent’s and spouse’s Social Security cards and their birth dates. It is necessary to have all tax documents that are pertinent to your return. These may include SSA-1099-R, 1099-R, 1099-G, RRB-1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099 DIV, 1099-B, Schedule K-1, W-2G and W-2. If it says important tax document, bring it.