Christmas is a special time and many people show their pride by lighting their yards and homes. The Sweetwater Chamber of Commerce wants to reward the best of the best.
The Chamber will be sponsoring the annual residential lighting contest for the Sweetwater and Roscoe communities. A group of judges will drive around town Dec. 17-19, to judge all homes entered in the contest with Christmas decorations and lights on display.
Chamber Executive Vice President Jacque McCoy said that homes should keep their lights on each night from 6-9 p.m. because no one will know when the judges will be driving by to look at the decorations.
First and second places will be awarded to each of four quadrants in Sweetwater. There will also be first and second place winners in Roscoe. The winners of the home lighting contest will have a sign placed in their yard and a cash prize.
Judging will occur in the following areas:
• Section 1 is south of Broadway and east of Lamar.
• Section 2 is south of Broadway and west of Lamar.
• Section 3 is north of Broadway and east of Hailey.
• Section 4 is north of Broadway and west of Hailey.
• Section 5 is the city of Roscoe.