Texas State Technical College announced that 20 members of its faculty and staff received the TSTC Chancellor’s Excellence Award. Eight employees from TSTC West Texas earned the award this year. The TSTC Chancellor’s Award for Excellence was established to recognize the outstanding contributions and achievements of faculty and staff who serve the students of TSTC and the communities of Texas, those whose demonstrated commitment to excellence makes a difference in the lives of others. As the award has evolved, recipients are also acknowledged for service as change agents in advancement of New Paradigm initiatives.
Recipients will also receive the 2013 NISOD Excellence Award from the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) at The University of Texas at Austin.
TSTC West Texas
• Nicole Whitley, Assistant Financial Aid Officer.
• Leroy White, Instructor, Wind Energy/Energy Management.
• Kevin Shipp, Assistant Chief Financial Officer.
• Lisa Langford, Departmental Secretary, Vocational Nursing.
• Shawntay Sparks-Hubbard, Program Chair/Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing.
• Elizabeth “Becky” Jones, Instructor, Chemical Dependency Counseling.
• Jeff Howard, Associate Vice President, Student Development.
• Donalyn Alexander, Director/Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing.
TSTC System Operations
• Jennifer Sanchez, Solutions Coordinator.
• Karen Sonnenberg, Associate Director, Payroll
• Mary Castanon, Assistant to the Provost.
• Mary Prepejchal, Director of Human and Organizational Development.
• Hector Yanez, Senior Instructor and Program Chair, Drafting and Design.
• Bryan W. Maertins, Director of Workforce Development.
• Hubert R. Staten, Director of Residential Life/Student Activities.
• Chasidy M. Guthrie, Human & Organizational Development Consultant.
• Whitney Carter, Success Coach and ReFOCUS Coordinator.
• Marta V. Getman, Associate Professor of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
• Iris L. Cunningham, Director of Student Accounting.
• Jackie Adler, Director of Financial Aid.
Texas State Technical College System (www.tstc.edu ) consists of four technical schools: TSTC Harlingen, TSTC Marshall, TSTC Waco, and TSTC West Texas, which has campuses in Abilene, Breckenridge, Brownwood, and Sweetwater. TSTC colleges rank consistently as top colleges in the state and nation for conferring associate degrees in engineering, precision production, computer information systems degrees, communication and information sciences, and enrollment of Hispanic students. More than 17,000 students attend TSTC each year in credit programs alone, and that number grows to nearly 30,000 when short-term continuing education and corporate training programs are included.