FSA announces acreage reporting dates for 2014

Nolan County USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Executive Director Dennis Cumbie announced that producers who file accurate and timely reports for all crops and land uses, including failed acreage can prevent the potential loss of FSA program benefits. Please pay close attention to the acreage reporting dates below, as some dates have changed for 2014. “In order to comply with FSA program eligibility requirements, all producers are encouraged to visit the Nolan County FSA office to file an accurate crop certification report by the applicable deadline," said Cumbie. The following acreage reporting dates are applicable for Nolan County:• 15 days prior to harvest — NAP crops• Nov. 15, 2013 — Grasses-NAG, Improved; Alfalfa• Jan. 15, 2014 — Wheat; oats; rye; triticale• May 15, 2014 — Oats planted after Dec. 15• July 15, 2014 — Any fall crop planted after Jan. 15; Corn; Cotton; Grain Sorghum; CRP; Sunflowers; millet; haygrazer.The following exceptions apply to the above acreage reporting dates:• If the crop has not been planted by the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 15 calendar days after planting is completed.• If a producer acquires additional acreage after the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 30 calendars days after purchase or acquiring the lease.  Appropriate documentation must be provided to the county office.• If a perennial forage crop is reported with the intended use of “cover only,” “green manure,” “left standing,” or “seed” then the acreage must be reported by July 15th.According to Cumbie, Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) policy holders should note that the acreage reporting date for NAP covered crops is the earlier of the dates listed above or 15 calendar days before grazing or harvesting of the crop begins.Additionally, producers can purchase both NAP and RMA coverage for 2014 annual forage crops. NAP coverage will not be available for 2015 annual forage crops. For questions regarding crop certification and crop loss reports, please contact the Nolan County FSA office at (325)235-8693.