Highland has moved this week's home football game against Robert Lee up by a couple of days this week while changing its remaining 2020 schedule.
Armando Torres of Sweetwater has been recognized for having the KTXS Play of the Week. He had a first-half interception for the Mustangs in their 36-30 victory this past Friday over Midland Greenwood.
The three Nolan County football teams outside Sweetwater all lost as Blackwell fell to Irion County 78-52, Highland lost to Water Valley 70-32 and Roscoe was defeated by Seagraves 32-6.
After trailing state-ranked Boerne by a point at halftime, Sweetwater took charge in the third quarter and held on to defeat the No. 7 Greyhounds, 40-35, on the road Friday night.
- Mustangs stay on track for district title with win at Pecos
- Class of 1960 Celebrates 60th Year Reunion
- Sweetwater PD receives Re-Recognition Status
- Texas National Bank in Sweetwater Awards Good Grades
- First-place Mustangs travel to Pecos
- Man Arrested for Murder in Sweetwater
- Two area teams cancel games due to COVID
- Pedestrian Hit by Train
- Torres has KTXS Play of the Week
- Martinez is Mustang Player of the Week