Sweetwater fell to 3-4 in the District 3-4A volleyball standings after a 3-1 loss to Levelland at the SHS gym on Saturday.
Sweetwater (2-0) is now the sole District 1-4A, Division II leader by holding off a Midland Greenwood rally Friday night for a 34-28 win over the Rangers in the game at Greenwood.
Eionna Jennings is the Sweetwater Lady Mustang Volleyball Player of the Week for her play against Snyder and Big Spring in district matches last week.
Highland will have one boys team as well as one girls team competing later this month in the Region II-1A cross country meet in San Angelo after top finishes Monday at the District 14-1A meet that was held at Highland.
Sweetwater won 3-1 at San Angelo Lake View in District 3-4A volleyball action on Tuesday, splitting the first two games until winning 25-14 and 25-21 the last two. The team is 3-3 in District 3-4A play and returns home for a noon match with Levelland on Saturday.
After its 42-37 district opening win over Snyder this past week, Sweetwater faces another 1-4A foe this week with a 7 p.m. game Friday at Midland Greenwood.
Sweetwater lost at Big Spring by a 3-0 count in its District 3-4A volleyball match on Saturday. The Lady Mustangs (2-3 district) dropped to fourth place in the 3-4A standings while Big Spring is 3-2.
Sweetwater's cross country runners will compete at district meets Thursday at Lubbock's Mae Simmons Park after recently competing at meets at Rotan and Anson.
The Sweetwater High School tennis team, the No. 4 seed from District 3-4A, will play Brownfield on Tuesday in Big Spring at 10 a.m. in their bi-district match.
Shelby Dent is the Sweetwater Lady Mustang Volleyball Player of the Week for her play against Levelland and Lubbock Estacado in district matches last week.
A Roscoe girls team and four individuals have qualified for regional competition in Lubbock later this month with top finishes at the district cross country meet.
Water Valley defeated Highland 68-6 in non-district football play. It was the final non-district contest for Highland (3-3), which begins District 8-1A D-I action at Westbrook this Friday starting at 7:30 p.m.
Roscoe's football team defeated Sudan 6-0 in a weather-shortened contest at Sudan on Friday. If was the Plowboys' fifth straight win after losing their opener to Hawley.
Sweetwater and Eastland, who didn't meet in 2020 due to a schedule change related to the COVID-19 pandemic, will try again Friday when they meet in Mustang Bowl with a 7 p.m. kickoff.
Sweetwater (1-3) and Clyde (0-4) have just one win between them, so both teams will be looking for a confidence-boosting victory at 7:30 p.m. Friday in their non-district game at Clyde.
- City Council Meets; Approves Becker to CAD Board; Comprehensive Plan Contract; Considers New Ladder Truck
- Roscoe Elementary Hosting Annual Fall Festival October 22
- Goodfellows Holding Sign-ups for Needy Families October 20-22
- Lion’s Club Hosting Blood Drive November 4
- Hurlbut Selected for Prestigious Radiation Industry Award
- Lady Mustangs fall to 3-4 in district after losing to Levelland
- Foster is Mustang Player of the Week
- Highland loses to defending state champion Sterling City
- Sweetwater Family Loses House; Belongings in Early Morning Fire
- Cody Thompson Arrested
- Cody Thompson Bonds Out
- Brenda Stirl Retires From Texas National Bank
- Mustangs continue 1-4A gauntlet at Midland Greenwood
- Mustangs hold off Greenwood to take outright district lead
- SHS Class of 1971 Enjoys 4-Day 50th Reunion Celebration
- Rolling Plains Drug Court Foundation Working with Nolan County Drug Court to Change Lives
- Goodfellows Holding Sign-ups for Needy Families October 21-23
- Regular Flu Shots Available at Sweetwater Nolan County Health Department
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.